Marriage License Requirements
Are you ready to tie the knot and embark on a lifelong journey of love and companionship? Look no further than the charming town of Morrilton, Arkansas, where romance meets southern hospitality. If you’re planning a wedding or vow renewal ceremony, 115 South Moose Street is your go-to address. Here, in the heart of Morrilton, you’ll find a haven of matrimonial magic that caters to your every need. Let’s delve into the details of how you can make your dream wedding a reality.
Your Ideal Arkansas Wedding Officiants: Making the Right Choice
Choosing the Perfect Officiant: A Key Ingredient
When it comes to creating the perfect wedding day, choosing the right officiant is paramount. The officiant sets the tone for your ceremony, ensuring it reflects your unique love story. At 115 South Moose Street, you have access to an array of top-rated marriage officiants, each skilled in weaving your personal narrative into a heartfelt ceremony.
The Marriage Application Process Unveiled
Before saying “I do,” navigating the marriage application process is essential. Here’s what you need to know:
- Both parties must be 18 or older and present a valid government-issued identification showing accurate names and dates of birth.
- In case of a name change due to divorce, a certified copy of the divorce decree is required if it’s not reflected on your driver’s license.
Application Fee and Timeframe
- An application fee of $60.00 must be paid.
- The marriage license must be returned to the County Clerk’s office within SIXTY (60) days from the date of issuance, whether used or unused.
Meeting the Marriage ID Requirements
Ensuring you meet the marriage ID requirements is crucial:
- Both parties must be 18 years or older and possess one of the following:
- State-issued I.D.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Indian Card
- Passport, Visa (not expired)
- Military I.D.
- Original Birth Certificate
The Path to Your Perfect Wedding: A Smooth Journey
Skipping the Waiting Game: Marriage Waiting Period
Arkansas offers the convenience of an immediate marriage license issuance if both applicants are 18 or older. However, for males aged 17 and females aged 16 or 17 with parental consent, a 5-business-day waiting period applies.
Residency: No Boundaries, Just Love
The beauty of an Arkansas marriage license is its versatility. You don’t need to be a resident of Arkansas; the license is valid anywhere within the state.
Paving the Way for Your Special Day: Details Matter
Handling Previous Marriages
If you’ve been previously married, you’ll need to provide your divorce decree or information about the date, county, and state of your previous spouse’s death. In case of a name change, a certified copy of your divorce decree is required.
Financial Considerations: Marriage License Fees
The Arkansas marriage license fee is $60.00, payable in cash. For alternative payment methods, consider reaching out for guidance.
Embracing Covenant Marriages
Arkansas introduces an option for couples to choose a Covenant Marriage. This entails a declaration of intent to contract a Covenant Marriage and authorized counseling that emphasizes the essence and responsibilities of marriage.
Exploring Marriage Officiants
- Justices of the Peace in Arkansas and former Justices who served two terms since 1977 can solemnize marriages.
- Ministers performing marriages in Arkansas need to have their credentials recorded in any county in the state.
The Significance of Witnesses and Expiration
- Witness requirements are not mandatory for Arkansas marriages.
- The marriage license is valid for 60 days and can be used anywhere in the state before being returned to the County Clerk’s office.
Making Memories: Your Arkansas Wedding Experience
As you step into the enchanting world of Arkansas wedding officiants, you’re not just entering a ceremony; you’re embarking on a journey that blends love, tradition, and commitment. Let Morrilton, Arkansas, be the canvas on which your love story is beautifully painted.
FAQs: Your Wedding Queries Answered
- Do we need to be Arkansas residents to obtain a marriage license in the state?No, you don’t have to be an Arkansas resident. The marriage license is valid anywhere within the state.
- Is counseling required for a Covenant Marriage in Arkansas?Yes, authorized counseling is mandatory for a Covenant Marriage. It emphasizes the nature and responsibilities of marriage.
- Can we have a proxy marriage in Arkansas?No, Arkansas does not permit proxy marriages.
- Are witnesses required for marriages in Arkansas?No, witnesses are not required for marriages in Arkansas.
- How long is the marriage license valid?The marriage license is valid for 60 days, during which you can use it anywhere in the state of Arkansas before returning it to the County Clerk’s office.